- 1 Extension boards
- 1.1 Extension for 10 pins connector
- 1.2 Extension for 20 pins connector
- 1.3 Extension for TOP 64 pins connectors
- 1.4 Extension for BOTTOM 64 pins connectors
Rules: On this page, only a short description is provided, eventually with a picture. A specific page is available for each project with the details.
A number of extension boards are designed and made available to users. An evolving tcl file contain almost all the pins definitions for the FPGA4U extensions utilization.
Extension for 10 pins connector
- Extension for 4 input A/D on serial SPI: Serial ADC extension
Extension for 20pins connector with Mubus connectors FPGA4U Mubus Extension (.pdf)
Some camera extension for the 20 pins connector:
- 128 x 101 pixels, B/W, global reset : Cam9630_c
The document CMOS Image interface is used to present the design project associated with this interface. Thus the design is actually not fully available on this site as it is an actual exercise for students.
Extension for 20 pins connector with camera LM9630_c
- 752 x 480 pixels, Color and B/W
Extension for TOP 64 pins connectors with 7 x 10 pins connectors FPGA4uextpar (.pdf)
Look at the full page description FPGA4U Extension Parallel
Extension for TOP 64 pins connectors with 7 x 10 pins connectors, 2 x 20 pins connectors and 2 x 4 pins i2c connectors FPGA4Uextpar_B (.pdf)
Look at the full page description FPGA4U Extension Parallel B.
An extension board has been designed by Joseph Tagg for Embedded Systems Courses. Full documentation is provided at Video_extension_for_FPGA4U. The board can be populated differently dependent on the final goal:
- VGA connector and RGB D/A convertion
- 2.5" QVGA 320x240 LCD
- 3" QVGA 320x240 LCD and touche screen
- MMC memory
Schematics: EXT_LCD_C (.pdf)
- A small patch is necessary for the EXT_LCD_C board for the touch screen: EXT_LCD_Patch (.pdf).
- UB2 logic analyzer, and CAN, RS 232, i2c, Ethernet serial analyzer (in preparation, master project) (Schematics: EXT_TX2)
Extension board with a GPS receiver and an array or accelerometers/magnetometers (ENAC-TOPO project). Projects aiming to investigate various aspects of indoor/outdoor navigation, are on going. More information here.
Small Wireless Sensor Node extension board based on an MSP430F5437 microcontroller and a CC1101 RF module, both from TI.
A board with up to 4 flash memory card (ONFI specifications)
Extension for BOTTOM 64 pins connectors
- ARM9 main processor board (master project)
- Complete instruction for installing GNU/Linux on the FPGARM4U.
- Extension board with high speed DA & AD converter (Receive path working, transmit in preparation)